Saturday, March 12, 2011

caffeine withdrawal

So, I may not be the best practicing Catholic there is, but I at least try to give lent a shot.  This year I decided I'm really going to stick to it, and so far so good.  Starting this past Wednesday I gave up soda/caffeine.  Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm rarely seen without a Diet Coke within 5 feet of me somewhere.  I'm hooked/obsessed/in love with it haha.

I was anticipating some withdrawal from the caffeine, and boy was I right.  Around 4:00 on Wednesday I got the worst headache ever.  I also was in the worst mood ever haha.  I also find that I'm extremely tired by 7 pm.  Wednesday night I was asleep by 7:45!  Thursday I was asleep by 9:15, and last night (Friday) I barely made it until 11!  I guess the amount of caffeine I was drinking was what was keeping me up until all hours of the night.  At least that problem is solved.  Today's Saturday and I actually feel pretty good.  My body isn't beating me up for not drinking it anymore.  No more headaches or bad moods.  Definitely still tired though! haha.

Now my problem is...what do I drink?  Obviously water is the healthy choice, but I'm not a huge fan of water.  That probably sounds weird right?  Yeah I thought so.  I can drink it, but it's not my favorite, I need flavor.  I found that most of the juice in this house has a ton of sugar in it (which I don't want, I'm trying to be healthy) and the crystal light my mom has, has caffeine in it.  I looked it up and they make a decaf version so I may have to invest in that.

What do you guys drink?  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment