Tuesday, March 1, 2011

hello there...

I figured it was time to do an actual post, it's been a while, but what else is new right?  I haven't been up to much really, just the usuals (work and saige).  This past weekend was fun though.  It started out interesting, but worked out haha.  I was supposed to go out for two friend's birthdays with hinkle for dinner saturday night.  My dad was going to watch saige for me until my mom got home from work.  Saige ended up not feeling well and I didn't want to stick my dad watching a sick kid, so I didn't go to dinner.  Later on that night a bunch of us were supposed to go to rock n bowl (bowling from 11-2 am).  I called to reserve lanes and the guy told me they had changed their hours and weren't doing that anymore.  Awesome.  We decided to drive a few towns over to another bowling alley that does 12-2 am bowling.  Trish called and reserved two lanes for the 8 of us.  She had to pay ahead of time to reserve the lanes so she shelled out over 100 dollars on her card (we were paying her when we got there).   We get there around 11:30 and there's a line out the door.  We stand in line until about 12:20 when we finally get to the register.  What do we find out?  The jerks had charged her card and not written down her name for any lanes and they were all booked.  All of that waiting and we didn't even get to bowl!  After Hinkle ripped the guy a new one for a good 15 minutes Trish got her money refunded and we left.  We got back to town and went to the local dive bar (lol) to pick up beer and went back to Hinkle's to hang out.  Some of them played card drinking games, but I just hung with Trish and watched.  My night/morning didn't end until I went home around 4:30 am ...only for saige to be up by 7 haha.  it was a rough one, but good times were had.  It's always nice to see everyone, especially those I don't see often enough.

As for the rest of the week so far, it's the same as always.  It's only Tuesday so I haven't really done much but work.  I started eating better and working out (again) on Monday so we'll see how it goes this time.  I really need to stick with it, summer is approaching way too fast for my liking!  How are all of your weeks going so far?

OH, I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet.  If you're one of my facebook friends you've undoubtedly seen this link 50 times by now haha.  I'm doing a walk for Organ donation awareness in April.  I've already reached my donation goal thanks to some very generous people, but I want to continue raising as much money as I can.  This cause is important to me because one of my close friends has been waiting for a heart for 6 months.  I can't do a whole lot to help him specifically, so this is what I'm doing instead.  Did you know that 1 organ donor can save up to 50 people?  That's fantastic.  Organ donation is something I encourage everyone to do.  Anyway, here's the link to my donation page DASH for Organ Donation Awareness, every little bit helps so please consider donating if you can!  Thanks!

Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to enter my giveaway in my entry here, it's pretty fantastic!

Alright well, I'm off to read.  I'm in the middle of reading the Pretty Little Liars series ... and I'm pretty addicted to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment