Tuesday, December 4, 2012

new beginnings

"Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curve ball. So we have to improvise, we find happiness in unexpected places, we find our way back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong."


With 2012 coming rapidly to an end, I've been sitting here contemplating what the year was like.  As always, it had it's ups and downs.  I'd like to think it had more ups.  Definitely could have been worse.  I watched my baby do well in school, I turned 30 without having a mental breakdown, had some wonderful time with wonderful friends, went to my first NFL game, got offered a promotion at work, and lots of other nice things.

That got me thinking about what I want for 2013.  Not a resolution, because I never follow through with those, just something I want for myself.  I feel like I just had some kind of major epiphany.  I spend the majority of my free time bending over backwards for people.  I have this overwhelming need to be helpful at all times for some reason.  And THAT, my friends, is what I DON'T want for 2013.  I want the new year to be MY year.  I want to do things that make myself happy without worrying about upsetting someone else.  I want to give myself the chance to fall in love instead of closing myself off and not giving myself a chance.  I want to be healthy and happy with myself.  I want to try new things and step outside of my "norm".  I say this kind of stuff every year, but this year feels different.  My mind feels very clear about what I want and deserve right now.  I know what I want, and I won't settle for less.  2013 will be my year, I can feel it.

1 comment: