Saturday, November 13, 2010

Funny story ... my eye was really hurting and I told saige and she looks at me very seriously and says "hmm ... i think you have a fish in your eye." what! the mind of a 5 year old haha.

this weekend i'm just relaxing, which is nice as always. i had bronchitis last week so i'm still recovering but doing much better then I was tuesday and wednesday. saige is home with me too this weekend, so thats always nice. we're just laying around watching harry potter movies. earlier we had lunch with an old high school friend.

next week i turn 28, on thursday to be exact. i have mixed feelings about it, but there's not really much you can do about aging right? haha. we're having our thanksgiving feast at work that day, so thats nice. that night we're going to the midnight opening of the new harry potter movie, so i'm definitely excited for that.

christmas is coming up, i bought my first present last week and it got delivered during the week. i'm getting anxiety over christmas this year, i'm not really sure why.

I wanted to post another recipe while I was thinking about it. I made these banana muffins last night, because I had some over riped bananas sitting around and needed something to do with them. I found this online at www.catcancook.com and then came out DELICIOUS. let me know if anyone tries them!



Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins)

3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4)

1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)

1 slightly beaten egg

1/3 cup melted margarine or butter

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups flour

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy!

*These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!

No comments:

Post a Comment