Sunday, November 21, 2010

birthday weekend...

I have to say, my birthday really was fantastic this year! Everyone was great, and I had an awesome time. I also have to say that this was the busiest weekend I've had in a long time haha. I'm exhausted! I can't wait to go to sleep tonight! :) so here's a recap:

my actual birthday was thursday (nov 18th). it just so happened that day at work was our thanksgiving feast, so I stuffed my face with turkey and stuffing and green bean casserole (yum!). my co-worker also was nice and made me a cake, which was delicious. i had a few parents/children give me birthday cards, which was very sweet. Also a few work friends gave me cards/gifts. It was a nice day. Thursday night I went to dinner at the Olive Garden with my mom, sister, sister's boyfriend, Saige, and Hinkle. Also delicious. After dinner I went home and my mom/sister gave me my gift ...love them!!

after that I went to Harry Potter at midnight with Trish, Angel, and Rob.  Angel left halfway through because she was tired haha, but the rest of us made it through.  It was a good movie, missing a few things from the book that I thought should be in there, but otherwise good.  By the time I got home and settled and relaxed I finally fell asleep around 4 am ... and was back up by 5:45 to get ready for work haha.  

Friday I worked until 4 and then I went out for dinner and drinks with one of the parents of a little girl from work.  We always talked about hanging out but never got around to doing it, so it was nice that we could.  We went to Iron Hill for dinner and drinks (more then a few drinks, that is hah) and just talked and laughed and had a really awesome time.  Around 11:30 we left Iron Hill and went to the grid iron for a few hours to meet up with Hinkle and his friend.  Went home around 3ish, fell asleep around 3:30, was up by 7 with saige on saturday.

Saturday i dropped Saige off at her grandparents house around 10:30 (she had an early date with seeing santa) and then I came home and took a much needed 2 hour nap.  After some technical difficulties, we ended up at the Fox & Hound in King of Prussia around 7:30.  My friend had been there for an hour and told us we had an hour wait.  Well, by 8:30 we still had no table, the hostess was crazy rude, and my friend asked for a manager and reamed him out.  Hinkle also sat down with two men who decided to steal a table that was supposed to be for us and got them to move haha.  It was an interesting night, but ended on a good note after a rough start haha.  After dinner some of us went back to hinkle's house and played games and hung out.  Those of us that stayed at his house called it a night at 3:30. 

Today I was up at 9:30, went to breakfast at irish joe's with hinkle, cait, and dan, and then hung around until I came home.  and then I came home and did nothing haha.  I've got zero energy.  I did buy saige her first christmas present for the year (leapster explorer, wanted to get it before black friday came around and they all sold out forever).  now i'm just counting down til bedtime.  OH, and saige lost her first tooth today! so the tooth fairy has to come visit tonight.  

All in all I had a great birthday, I got some amazing gifts from some awesome and generous friends and I couldn't ask for better friends, thanks for everything guys!  I'll post pictures of the gifts I got, because I think it's more fun that way :)



I can't find the right color pic but mine is black and white 





No comments:

Post a Comment