Monday, November 15, 2010

shutterfly holiday cards...

It's christmas time again ... and I don't know about you guys, but I really stress myself out over the perfect christmas card to send out. last year i sent out my first "real" grown up christmas card. I had my friend take some awesome pictures of myself and my daughter, as I had decided to make a photo card. I didn't know much about making these cards, and I had a friend that made some of her holiday cards through walmart, so I ordered mine through there as well. I thought the cards came out OKAY, but not great. They served their purpose, but I definitely felt like they could be better. I'm not sure why I dwell so much over the RIGHT card, but I always do. So I began my search for this years card because my same fantastic friend is going to take pictures soon for me for this years card. My mom swears by shutterfly and is always ordering things off of there, so I decided to check it out. I'm happy to say that this is DEFINITELY where I'm buying my cards this year! They have SO MANY that i just love! I'm not sure how I'm possibly going to decide on just one to make, but I'm very excited to have a lot of good options, instead of just settling for a mediocre card. My favorite kind of card is something colorful and cheery. I try to find something that doesn't speak to one religion, but to everyone. I like a nice, well thought out quote that is meaningful. The color scheme should go with the picture. I like it all to blend together in a nice little package. Here's a few that I really love:

first card this one is very simple, but I think it's very pretty. I think with a great picture, this could definitely be a really nice card.

second card this is ADORABLE. i think it would be great with a fun picture of my daughter on it, it's just cheerful and looks very sweet.

third card this one might be my favorite. I think it's sophisticated and pretty, and I like that it has room for you two write a few lines. i also love the colors, this might be the winner.

Well, thats my thoughts on holiday cards this year, what are your thoughts? if you're interested in getting cards, you might be interested in this great promotion from shutterfly. free cards, whats better then that?! check it out! :) Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… learn more: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

5 comments:

  1. I love the second one!! I love them all...but the second one is just too cute :)

    oxox-Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog Andrea!

    xoxKatie from the Board

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 2nd one - its so different, the other ones are cute but too traditional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot wait for our photo shoot!!! let me know when is good for you! :) i miss you in my life i cannot wait for harry potter and your birthday <3 love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone! i wrote this blog so I could get a code for 50 free cards haha, bu ti'm glad everyone liked it :)

    trish, i can't wait either!!! love you too!

    ReplyDelete