Monday, December 6, 2010

it's christmas time again...

As christmas rapidy approaches, I'm spending a lot of time going over my shopping list.  I still need to do SO MUCH shopping.  Well, I'm sure I'm just overreacting, I know I have more then I seem to let myself believe.  Of course my biggest shopping challenge is making sure Saige gets the things that I know she REALLY wants, as opposed to things she sees on TV commercials and immediately wants to add them to the already long Christmas list.  I know she could never be disappointed on Christmas morning no matter what I buy her, she's definitely not one of those kids who cries over what she doesn't get, but I want to make sure she really has a great morning.  She's not going to be this little forever, right?  That being said, her "big ticket items" this year are a leapster explorer (which I already purchased before thanksgiving because I knew it was going to sell out quickly after black friday), new sketchers, a bike (which my dad bought for her) and a barbie glitterizer play set.  She also wants a lot of other little things like barbies, clothes, and other girly stuff.

I'm finding it hard to tell my parents what to get me this year.  Is 28 too old to be making a christmas list? :)  I always ask for DVDs and then never watch them.  I want to ask for something that I know for sure i'll get a lot of use out of ... but have no idea what that is.  Oh well.

Decorating is going slow as well.  Trish was kind enough to help me slap together the tree as quickly as we could the other weekend so that we could have Saige's Christmas picture photo shoot in front of it, but I haven't finished it yet.  The living room looks like a bomb went off because there are lights and things everywhere.  I need to finish that soon.

So, all of that being said, what are YOU asking for this holiday season?  What are your family/children asking for?  How are you celebrating?  How are you decorating?   Do share, I'd love to hear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment