Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 ends ... 2011 begins

lets recap the major "milestones" of my 2010 first:

  • saige started kindergarten
  • saige started to wear glasses
  •  took my first trip to disney world (and first trip on an airplane for that matter) for saige's 5th birthday in august (are you seeing a pattern here? haha)
  • major shift in things at work
  • drifted apart from a few friends, formed new friendships with people i unexpectedly call close friends now
It was a pretty decent year honestly.  There's definitely some things I would change or do over, but when do  you ever not feel that way about something that happened within an entire year?  I'm hoping for a better 2011.  I don't necessarily mean better.  Perhaps hoping for a "different" 2011 is a better choice of words.  I want to better myself this year.  I WILL lose weight, I will NOT be this heavy at the end of 2011 ... or ever again.  I WILL find a new profession.  I want something I can call a career.  Something I can actually make a life for myself with.  Something that allows me to provide for myself and my child without assistance from others.  It's my fault that I've lived this way for this long, but this year will be different.  2011 is going to be used to better my life, thats my resolution.  I'm sure there's a whole long list of things I could write about that I want to change, but I'd rather leave it at bettering myself.  Things seem a lot more reachable that way.  I hope everyone had a safe new years eve, and that everyone has a fantastic new year!  

3 comments:

  1. i hope you don't consider us to have drifted apart. i may have moved but still love you more than ever!!! i feel like i can pick up the phone anytime and we don't skip a beat ... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope i don't consider us drifted :) love you!

    ReplyDelete