Sunday, December 19, 2010

bats & other updates

So I once again have slacked on updating this, big surprise right?  yeah i know.  i'd say i've been busy, but, I really haven't.  Oh well, here's my attempt at an update!

So about a week ago we had an interesting thing happen.  We had a bat in our house.  Yes you read correctly, a bat in the middle of december.  The story that goes along with it is even more bizarre then that!  Around 6:30 at night I went into the powder room to go to the bathroom.  As I was sitting there in the bathroom, I looked at my foot and saw this black furry thing.  Nsow, our neighbor just moved so we've been getting the occasional mouse in the house as she's disturbing her things (we live in a twin house).  The bottom of this "mouse" looked flat and wet and wasn't moving, so I assumed that my cat had gotten a hold of it and chewed on it and left it for dead, as he always does.  I turned away and finished my business and got up and walked out of the bathroom.  When I went out into the dining room I told my mom there was a dead mouse on the floor.  We argued about who was going to pick it up.  As i stood there arguing the "mouse" slowly turned it's head back towards us.  I freaked out and started yelling "it's not dead!!!!!!" and we pulled the door shut and argued about how we were going to get it out.  After a few minutes we decided on a course of action and opened the door to get it.  Much to my surprise, the undead "mouse" was nowhere to be found.  We looked around the room and didn't see it anywhere, so we set a mouse trap with some cheese in it behind the toilet and called it a day.  I went off to do some christmas shopping and no one heard or saw the thing.  Fast forward to about 11:00 that same night.  My sister starts screaming from her bedroom in the basement that there's a bat in her room.  She saw it creepily crawl across the floor and go under the baseboard heater.  have you ever seen a bat crawl?  it's gross.  Anyway, I was still saying that it wasn't a bat, that it was a mouse.  Well, after a lot of googling i determined that she was right, it was a bat.  What was worse was that since it was crawling across the ground instead of flying, all signs pointed to it being sick/rabid.  Great news right?  So after an hour of the thing not being found anywhere my sister turns her light off to get ready for bed.  When she does that she starts screaming because it came out and tried to fly, but it failed.  I went downstairs to help her get it, but the thing was wedged under the heater.  My sister looked at me and said "maybe you should call dad" and I just hung my head.  I knew he wasn't going to be thrilled because this is the third time in my life I've had to call him to come get a bat out of my house.  The first time involved me calling him collect from a pay phone because I left my cell in the house, but thats a whole other story haha.  Anyway, I called my dad and he was like "you've gotta be f&^^%& kidding me! how many times in your life do you think you plan on calling me for this reason!" haha.  He comes over and after 20 minutes, and him being macgyver, he caught the bat using only a plastic cup, a piece of cardboard, and a broom handle.  On his way outside with it he told me the thing was probably going to die because of how cold it was out.  I said "awww should i put a blanket out there for it?" and he response was "why are you so stupid?" LOL.  he threw it outside and that was the last we saw of the bat, but what a crazy story right?  It sounds better/funnier when you actually HEAR the story but you get the idea.  I just keep thinking about being in the bathroom with that thing.  what the heck would I have done if that thing came at me while I was sitting on the toilet?! I don't even know! haha, bats are attracted to me for some reason.  My sister finds the mice, and I always get the bats.  I think I'd prefer mice, but I guess I don't get to choose haha.  Oh well, hopefully thats the last one i see for a very long time.  Gross things.

1 comment: