Sunday, August 1, 2010

weekend recap

This weekend I didn't really do much, but I'm a big fan of low key weekends, especially after a stressful week at work. Friday night I got done work around 4, came home to a fixed car (thanks pat!), and hung around for a while with saige. After she went to bed I went to see Charlie St. Cloud with Angel and then went to the grocery store. Funny side story about being out Friday night. While waiting inside of the theater for Angel, I saw this man wearing an orange and white Flyers t-shirt tucked into a black and white checked kilt. Express yourself all you want, but thats a pretty random outfit if you ask me. So I take a pic of him with my cell phone (because whats the point of having a camera on your phone if you can't use it to take fun pictures right?) and I go about my business. After the movie I go back to my town (10 mins from the theater) and I go to the grocery store. Who do I find in Giant? The same guy in the kilt! Random, but made my night haha.

After grocery shopping I went home and went to bed. Exciting.

Saturday I woke up early with saige (6:30, that girl NEVER sleeps in) and I hung around with her until her dad picked her up for the night. He picked her up around 1:30. After that I went to get my hair cut:
and then I spent the day all over God's creation shopping for various things. I finally made it home around 7:00 pm. I crashed for a good hour, and then was up just hanging out catching up on books and tv. Went on a late night McDonalds run (great for my diet right?) around 1:00 am ... was home and back in bed by 2.

This morning I woke up at 9:30!!! Thats so sad that sleeping until only 9:30 is exciting for me, but when you've got a child who wakes up at the crack of dawn no matter what time you put her to bed, it's definitely an improvement! I'd like to say I've been pretty productive today, but to be honest it's 1:30 i the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas haha. I do need to get some laundry done, get a few things at the store and hopefully start packing before Saige comes home tonight, but who knows how much of that will actually get done. Back to the grind tomorrow, ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I get done work at 4:00 now, so if you need someone to take Saige of your hands so you get prepared for your trip- let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks erin!!! i'll keep that in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete